- India is one of the fastest growing aviation market and currently the ninth largest civil aviation market in the world with a market size of around US$ 16 billion.
- UDAN- World’s first Regional Connectivity Scheme to Connect un-served & Under-served airports and boost regional tourism and economic growth; ensures affordable flying at Rs. 2,500(39.133 US $) for an hour long flight.
- India is projected to be the third-largest aviation market by 2026 and the largest by 2030.
- About 1.4 Lakh scheduled international aircraft movements of Indian airlines in FY17, 9.7% growth over FY16.
- During the FY 2017, domestic air passenger traffic growth year over year is 20 percent.
- India is among the five fastest-growing aviation markets globally with 275 million new passengers. Indian Aviation market got fall in average airfare by 18 percent in 2016 over 2015.
- The airlines operating in India are projected to record a collective operating profit of Rs. 8,100 crore (US$ 1.29 billion) in fiscal year 2016.
- During FY17, domestic passenger traffic increased by 22 per cent in comparison with growth rate of 21.24 per cent in FY16.
- Airports across the globe are planning on increasing their spending on new technology to keep up with surging passenger traffic, which is expected to double to 370 million by 2020.
- India's air cargo is estimated to grow at 9 per cent over the next few years, according to Mr Ashok Gajapathi Raju, Minister for Civil Aviation, Government of India.
- India has become the world’s fastest growing domestic travel market for the 22nd time in a row, recording a 26.6 per cent year-on-year growth in January 2017, according to the IATA.
- Domestic air traffic is expected to grow 25 per cent and cross 130 million in financial year 2017-18.
- 31 Currently served airports, 12 underserved airports and 27 underserved airports to connect 128 RCS routes
- 3rd largest aviation market by domestic air passenger traffic which stood at over 10 Cr.
Policy support and demand growth unlocking large investment potential